Atenolol 100 mg
- Prophylaxis of exertional angina attacks.
- Myocardial infarction in the acute phase: Relay IV injectable form.
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in their severe forms.
- Heart failure not controlled by treatment.
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Blocks atrio ventricular second and third degrees without a pacemaker.
- Vasopastic angina (in pure forms and as monotherapy).
- Sinus disease (including sinoatrial block).
- Bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute).
- Raynaud's disease and peripheral arterial disease in their severe forms.
- Untreated pheochromocytoma.
- Hypersensitivity to atenolol,
- History of an anaphylactic reaction.
- Floctafenine, Sultopride.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
Do not stop treatment abruptly patients with angina pectoris: the sudden stop can cause serious arrhythmias, myocardial infarction or sudden dead.
The dosage should be reduced gradually, that is to say, ideally on one to two weeks, starting at the same time, if necessary, the replacement therapy to prevent worsening of angina.
The most commonly reported:
- Bradycardia, severe cases may be;
- Digestive disorders (stomach ache, nausea, vomiting);
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
* Hypertension: The recommended dose is 100mg per day, preferably in the morning.
For this, in cases of severe hypertension, a higher dose may be required.
The antihypertensive activity Tensiomin justifies its use as monotherapy to 1 100mg tablets a day.
Combination with other antihypertensive therapies, for example diuretics is possible.
- In patients with renal impairment: Dosage is adjusted to the values of serum creatinine or creatinine clearance.
* Prophylaxis of angina attacks of effort:
The average dose is one 100mg tablet per day, it can be increased to 2 tablets per day if necessary.
* Myocardial infarction in the acute phase:
Relay form IV. The relay is made by 50mg orally 15 minutes after injection. This dose was repeated 12 hours later. At 24 hours, then once a day until 10 days 100mg administered orally (1comprimé).
* Renal impairment:
The dosage is adjusted to the values of serum creatinine or creatinine clearance: a tablet containing 50mg atenolol should be, as appropriate, privileged compared to dosed 100mg.
Store at a temperature below 30.degree.
Registration no.: 09L-875