Nifedipine 20 mg
- Known hypersensitivity to nifedipine
- Myocardial infarction older than 1 month, unstable angina
- Dantrolene (infusion), cyclosporine
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Requiring precautions for use:
• enzyme-inducing anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone) Baclofen, cimetidine, intraconazole, phenytoin and rifampicin.
Alpha urological sight (alfuzosin, doxazosin, tamsulosin, terazosin), Amifostine, tricyclic antidepressants, neuroleptics, beta blockers, corticosteroids and tetracosactide)
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Caution is advised in patients in unstable hemodynamic conditions (hypovolemia, shock, severe systolic left ventricular dysfunction, cardiogenic shock).
Because of its hepatic metabolism, nifedipine should be administered with caution in the liver in the subject.
In case of severe constipation, it is advisable to administer lubricants to prevent excessive worsening constipation.
- Headache, facial flushing with or without flushing, peripheral edema. These side effects occur rather early in treatment. They are mostly mild and disappear after cessation of treatment.
- Occasionally dizziness may be related to low blood pressure, fatigue, allergy.
- Rare cases of gingivitis regressing discontinuation.
- Possibility of occurrence of cramps, diarrhea, hypersensitivity reactions such as pruritus, urticaria, angioedema, and various skin reactions.
- Liver function disorders (intrahepatic cholestasis, increased transaminases) may occur with nifedipine in exceptional cases. They are reversible upon discontinuation of the drug.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1 tablet twice a day to swallow without chewing with a little liquid.
Store at a temperature below 30.degree.
Registration no. : 084L/07