Nalidixic acid (INN) 500 mg
• They carry antibacterial activity.
• They are limited to acute lower urinary tract infections or recurrent uncomplicated adult due to germs pharmacodynamics defined as sensitive.
- Hypersensitivity to nalidixic acid or a product of the quinolone
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-,
- Convulsive history,
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet radiation during treatment because of the risk of photosensitivity.
- This specialization is for adults.
- Severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than or equal to 10 ml / nim): reduce the dosage.
- Severe hepatic impairment: reduce the dosage.
- Neurosensory events: headache, drowsiness, faintness, dizziness, visual disturbances. These disorders are rapidly disappearing on discontinuation of treatment.
- Trouble Gastrointestinal: diarrhea, vomiting, nausea.
- Allergic Manifestations: rash, pruritus, urticaria, arthralgia with stiffness and swelling of joints.
- Demonstrations of photosensitivity or phototoxicity as bubbles appearing on exposed surfaces and ending at the end of treatment or shortly thereafter.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
• Adult: 2 g / day in two divided doses of 500 mg (2 tablets morning and evening).
• Renal impairment: dosage should not be changed for a creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min: below this threshold, the maintenance dose should be reduced by half after initial treatment at normal dosage.
Store at a temperature below 30.degree.
Registration no.: 08L-579