Lansoprazole (DCI) ............................................ 30 mg
- In combination with an antibiotic combination therapy, eradication of Helicobacter pylori in cases of peptic ulcer disease;
- Active duodenal ulcer;
- Active gastric ulcer;
- Erosive or ulcerative Symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux esophagitis;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome;
- Treatment of gastroduodenal lesions induced by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory when pursuing anti-inflammatory is essential.
- Allergy to lansoprazole.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- In gastric ulcer cases it is advisable to check the benignity of the lesion before treatment.
- In liver failure, children and the elderly.
- Rare cases of diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, headache.
- Exceptional hyponatremia have been reported particularly in the elderly.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Eradication of Helicobacter pylori in cases of peptic ulcer disease:
Are recommended to the following schedules:
- Let 1 capsule morning and evening Lanzopral 30mg associated with clarithromycin 500mg morning and evening and amoxicillin 1000mg morning and night, for 7 days;
- Let 1 capsule morning and evening Lanzopral 30mg associated with clarithromycin 500mg morning and evening and métronidazoles or tinidazole 500mg morning and evening for 7 days;
- Either as an alternative to previous schemes, one 30mg capsule morning and evening Lanzopral associated with amoxicillin 1000mg morning and evening metronidazole or tinidazole 500mg morning and night, for 7 days.
This triple therapy followed by 30mg daily Lanzopral for another 3 weeks for active duodenal ulcer or an additional 3 to 5 weeks in case of active gastric ulcer.
The effectiveness of treatment depends on respecting the regimen, including taking HAART for 7 days.
● evolutionary Duodenal Ulcer: 1 capsule Lanzopral 30mg daily for 4 weeks.
● Gastric ulceration: 1 capsule Lanzopral 30mg daily for 4-6 weeks.
● esophagitis gastroesophageal reflux disease: 1 capsule Lanzopral 30mg daily for 4 weeks with a possible second period of 4 weeks at the same dose.
● Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: The recommended starting dose is 60mg once daily Lanzopral. The dosage should be individually adjusted and treatment continued as long as clinically indicated. For higher than 120mg per day dosage, the daily dose should be divided and given in 2 doses.
● Treatment of gastroduodenal lésoins induced by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: 1 capsule Lanzopral 30mg daily for 4-8 weeks.
Store at a temperature below 30.degree.
Registration no.: 08L-571