Loperamide ( DCI ) Hydrochloride 0.3 mg
- Symptomatic treatment of diarrhea.
- The oral suspension formulation is intended for children 2 to 8 years .
- The treatment does not relieve rehydration if necessary. The importance of rehydration and its route of administration ( oral or
intravenous ) should be adapted to the intensity of diarrhea , age and the field of the subject.
- Surges acute ulcerative colitis ( risk colectasies ) .
- Infants less than 2 years .
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The most common side effect is constipation that requires an adjustment of dose or discontinuation of treatment.
The following effects have been reported:
- Hypersensitivity reactions (including rash )
- Abdominal pain, bloating,
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Drowsiness or dizziness,
- Dry mouth .
Reserved for children aged 2 to 8 years.
Dose by taking in children is 0.03 mg loperamide base per kg (or 1 bag / 10kg) : it is repeated after each loose stool or bone , with
an interval of 4 hours between each dose without dice spend 5 times per day.
Store at below 30 degree C.
Registration no.: CAM 09L-727