Loperamide (DCI) Hydrochloride 2 mg
- Symptomatic treatment of diarrhea.
- The capsule form is reserved for adults and children over 8 years. The oral solution form is intended for children 2 to 8 years .
- The treatment does not relieve rehydration if necessary. The importance of rehydration and its route of administration ( oral or
intravenous ) should be adapted to the intensity of diarrhea , age and the field of the subject.
- Surges acute ulcerative colitis ( risk colectasies ) .
- Infants less than 2 years .
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- The most common side effect is constipation that requires an adjustment of dose or discontinuation of treatment.
The following effects have been reported out :
- Hypersensitivity reactions (including rash )
- Abdominal pain, bloating,
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Drowsiness or dizziness,
- Dry mouth .
Capsules: for adults and children over 8 years.
Acute diarrhea : the initial dose is 2 capsules for adults and a capsule for children. Do not exceed 8 capsules per day in adults and
in children 6 capsules .
- Diarrhea Chronic: The initial daily dose is 2 capsules for adults and a capsule for children.
In average , the daily dose is between 1 and 3 capsules in adults (maximum 8) and 1 or 2 capsules in children over 8 years
Store at a temperature below 30 ° C.
Registration no.: CAM 05L-182