Dexamethasone (DCI) 0.5 mg
Symptomatic treatment: allergic diseases, inflammatory diseases, severe asthma.
- This medicine should not be used in the following cases:
- Most infections,
- Some viral disease evolution (viral hepatitis, herpes, chickenpox, shingles)
- Some untreated mental illness,
- Lactation: avoid while breastfeeding.
Association recommended: Drugs may give certain heart rhythm disorders astemizole, bepridil, erythromycin intravenously, halofantrine, pentamidine, sparfloxacin, sultopride terfenadine, vincamine.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- During treatment, your doctor may advise you to follow a diet, especially low-salt (except in special cases).
- May cause:
● swelling and redness of the face,
● raising the blood pressure,
● arousal and sleep disorders,
● bone fragility,
● risk of inadequate secretion of the adrenal gland,
● growth disorder in children
● disorder rules
● muscle weakness,
● ulcers and other digestive disorders.
As prescribed by your doctor.
* Treatment: 0.05 to 0.2 mg / kg / d. For information: 6-24 tablets in an adult weighing 60kg.
During severe inflammatory diseases, the dosage ranges from 0.1 to 0.2 mg / kg / day of dexamethasone.
For information: from 12 to 24 tablets per day for a 60-kg adult.
* Maintenance: 0.5 to 1.5 mg / day, 1-3 tablets per day.
For children who can not swallow the tablets will be crushed and mixed with food.
0.075 to 0.3 mg / kg / day of dexamethasone. For information: 4-15 tablets per child 25kg.
* Maintenance treatment:
0.03 / kg / day. For information: 1-2 tablets per child 25kg.
It is very important to follow the treatment regularly and do not alter or stop abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Store at a temperature below 30.degree.
Registration no.: 09L-871